Abdullah Shams Bin Tariq
Designation: Professor; Academic Institution: University of Rajshahi
Research Field: Particle and Nuclear Physics
Research Interest: Nuclear interactions, Lattice QCD, Fine tuning, Multiquark states
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Personal Website: http://www.ru.ac.bd/physics/details/?sid=21901400
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=d1aTAmQAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
Professor, Department of Physics, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi 6205
Abdullah Shams Bin Tariq has been working both in nuclear and particle physics. In nuclear physics, he has worked with the Nuclear Research Group at Rajshahi using the energy density functional with Pauli effects to extract novel shallow non-monotonic potential that solve many problems in nuclear interactions. In particle physics, he has worked in lattice QCD, working on one of the earliest unquenched calculations of BK, a spectroscopy calculation of double-charmed baryons. He is also interested in fine tuning, heavy multiquarks, nuclear potentials from lattice QCD etc. He has also contributed to science, or research capacity in general, through his pioneering efforts in establishing the Library Consortium of Bangladesh – LiCoB, for which he has visited dozens of institutions and trained hundred of librarians and academics. He and his students have also established a prototype high performance computing cluster facility Arun at Rajshahi. He served on the EC of the Global Young Academy for two terms and led a working group on Global Access to Research Software. He has published in JHEP, Phys. Lett. B, J. Phys. G, Phys. Rev. C and D, Nucl. Phys. A, Europhys. Lett., Eur. Phys. J. A etc.
Awards and Recognition
- Agrani Bank Gold Medal (highest marks in the Science Faculty. RU in MSc ) – awarded in 2004
- Junior Associateship, AS ICTP, Trieste, Italy (2001, 2004-2009)
- Commonwealth Scholarship for doctoral studies at University of Southampton, UK (2001-2004)
- Razzak-Shamsun Physics Research Award 2003 (best research in a year) – declared 2008
- BAS-TWAS Young Scientist Award (Physical Sciences) 2010
- Membership, Global Young Academy (2011-2016)
- Associate Fellowship, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
- ASB Tariq, AFMM Rahman, SK Das, AS Mondal, MA Uddin, AK Basak, HM Sen Gupta and FB Malik, Potential description anomalous large angle scattering of alpha particles, Phys. Rev. C 59, 2558 (1999).
- JM Flynn, F Mescia and ASB Tariq, Spectroscopy of doubly-charmed baryons in lattice QCD, JHEP 0307 (2003) 066 [hep-lat/0307025].
- JM Flynn, F Mescia and ASB Tariq, Sea quark effects in BK from Nf=2 clover-improved fermions, JHEP 0411 (2004) 049 [hep-lat/0406013].
- MH Ali, MJ Hossain and ASB Tariq, Congeniality Bounds on Quark Masses from Nucleosynthesis, Phys. Rev. D 88, 034001 (2013). [arXiv:1212.2753 [hep-ph]]
- S Hossain, Masum Billah, MMB Azad, Farzana Parvin, MNA Abdullah, KM Hasan, MA Uddin, ASB Tariq, AK Basak, I Reichstein and FB Malik, Non-monotonic potential description of alpha-Zr refractive elastic scattering, Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 40, 105109 (2013). [Highlighted as a LabTalk article].