Dr Md Ashraful Alam
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North South University, Bangladesh,
Email – email@example.com
Research gate profile – https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Md_Alam4
I am Dr Md Ashraful Alam, currently serving as an Associate Professor at Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North South University Bangladesh. I obtained B. Pharm (Hons.) from Pharmacy Discipline, Khulna University in 2004. I also completed MS in Pharmacology from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh in June, 2006. I was awarded PhD degree from The University of Queensland, Australia on May, 2013. My PhD research work focused on the causes of obesity and related cardiovascular complications. To understand this process, we used diet induced obese rat model. We measured the development of vascular dysfunction and cardiac remodeling along with other parameters of metabolic syndrome. We also used pure natural antioxidant to evaluate their preventive nature against obesity development and efficacy in our obese rat model and tried to understand the mechanism of action in molecular level. A good number of articles have been published from my research work at UQ. To date, I published more than 80 scholarly research articles which received more than 2000 citation and having h index 26 and i10 index 41. Now, we have several animal models for studying oxidative stress and related organ dysfunctions. We are also trying to find out the cures for this oxidative stress related complications from natural sources.
Some selected publications:
- Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Md. Faruk, MD. Mizanur Rahman, Kamrun Nahar, Fariha Kabir, Md Ashraful Alam and Nusrat Subhan (2019) High carbohydrate high fat diet induced hepatic steatosis and dyslipidemia were ameliorated by Psidium guajava leaf powder supplementation in rats. Evidenced Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Article ID 1897237.
- Md. Mizanur Rahman, Shamita Zaman, Fariha Mamun, Zarin Tasnim Gias, Mohammad Nazmul Alam, Anayt Ulla, Md Hemayet Hossain, Hasan Mahmud Reza, and Md. Ashraful Alam (2018) Phenolic Content Analysis in Psidium guajava Leaves Powder by HPLC-DAD System and in vivo Renoprotective and Antioxidant Activities in Fludrocortisone Acetate Induced Rats, Journal of Food Biochemistry, e12687.
- ¥Kamrun Nahar, ¥Fariha Kabir, Priota Islam; Md Mizanur Rahman, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Md. Faruk, Nusrat Subhan, GM Sayedur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud Reza, Md Ashraful Alam (2018) Cardioprotective effect of Amaranthus tricolor extract in isoprenaline induced myocardial damage in ovariectomized rats. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, 103:1154-1162. ¥Contributed equally.
- Sharker SM, Alam MA, Shill MC, Rahman GMS, Reza HM (2017). Functionalized hBN as targeted photothermal chemotherapy for complete eradication of cancer cells. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 13;534(1-2):206-212.doi:10.1016/j.ijpharm.2017.10.025.
- Md Mizanur Rahman, Awale Yousuf Muse, D.M. Isha Olive Khan, Ismaile Hussein Ahmed, Nusrat Subhan, Hasan Mahmud Reza, Md Ashraful Alam, Lutfun Nahar, Satyajit Dey Sarker (2017) Apocynin prevented inflammation and oxidative stress in carbon tetra chloride induced hepatic dysfunction in rats. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 27;92:421-428.