Dr. Md. Atiar Rahman
Designation: Associate Professor, University of Chittagong, Chittagong-4331.
Research Field: Alternative Medicine and Natural Product Research
Research Interest: Plant-based drug, Non-communicable chronic disease, Functional Food
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Personal Website: https://www.cam-npr.org/; http://bmb.cu.ac.bd/
Researcher ID: ORCID orcid.org/0000-0002-4902-8923; ResearcherID: Q-1176-2015 (Thomson Reuters)
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chittagong, Chittagong-4331
Dr. Md. Atiar Rahman has been working as an associate professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. Dr. Rahman has completed his B.Sc honours and M.Sc in Biochemistry from the University of Dhaka. He has completed his PhD degree from the United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Ehime University Japan. He is the principal investigator of the Laboratory of Alternative Medicine and Natural Product Research of the aforementioned department. He has been awarded numbers of national and international research grants. He is life member of many prestigious society such as American Society for Microbiology, Japan Wood Research Society etc. Dr. Rahman has published more than seventy scientific articles both in national and international peer-reviewed journals. He is also working as editorial board members of many reputed journals like BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, MedOne, Indian Journal of Nutrition, Chittagong University Journal of Biological Sciences. He is working as executive committee members of BSBMB (JS), BBBS. He has presented numbers of his scientific works at Home and aboard. He is as well involved many extracurricular activities such debating club, carrier club, science club etc.
Japanese Govt Monbukagakusho Scholarship for PhD study and NRF scholarship for Post-doctoral fellowship in UKZN.
- Bangladesh Biosafety Award 2017.
- BAS-AASSA President,s Young Scientist Award 2018.
- Travel award from US Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine and Academy of Science Malaysia 2018.
- Travel Award from Korean Society of Neurogastrology and Motility 2019.
Jannatul Mawa, Md. Atiar Rahman*, M.A. Hashem, Md. Juwel Hosen. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 110 (2019) 74-84.
- Md. Josim Uddin, A. S. M. Ali Reza, Mst. Samima Nasrin, Sharmin Akhter, Md Atiar Rahman*. Frontiers in Pharmacology.2018. 9:246.
- Sakia Ferdous, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Md. Mamun Al-Amin, Jannatul Aklima, J.M. Kamirul Hasan Chowdhury. Clinical Phytoscience; 2016 2:17
- Samina Akhter, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Jannatul Aklima, Md. Rakibul Hasan. Biomed Research International. 2015 (2015).
- Md. Atiar Rahman* and Md. Shahidul Islam. Journal of Food Science. 79 (7): 1436-1442.