Dr. Monir Uddin Ahmed
Designation: Academic (Casual);
Institution: RMIT University, Melbourne,
Research Field: Epidemiology, Genomics, Science Leadership and Research Management
Research Interest: Science leadership, Research Management, Epidemiology, Genomics
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Health and Biomedical Sciences, RMIT University, BUNDOORA Vic 3083, Australia
Dr. Monir Ahmed, starting his career afresh after sudden migration to Australia, working as a casual academic at School of Health and Biomedical Sciences, RMIT University, Australia. He is Microbiologist with BSc and MSc degrees in Microbiology from University of Dhaka. He also obtained MS in Biotechnology and PhD in Genetic/Molecular Epidemiology from Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. After PhD, he has taught as Assistant professor in North South University and Primeasia University in Bangladesh. Scientific Bangladesh, a bilingual online science magazine, is one of his initiative.
- Ahmed, M.U., Dunn, L. and Ivanova, E.P. 2012: Evaluation of current molecular approaches for genotyping of Campylobacter jejuni Foodborne Pathog Dis. 9:375-385
- Ahmed, M. U., Dunn, L., Valcanis, M., Hogg, G., &Ivanova, E. P. (2014). Double-locus sequence typing using porA and peb1A for epidemiological studies of Campylobacter jejuni. Foodborne Pathog and Dis. 11(3): 194-199.
- Ahmed, M. U., Chawdhury, F. A. H., Hossain, M., Sultan, S. Z., Alam, M., Salahuddin, G., . . . Rahman, M. (2010). Monitoring antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolated from Bangladesh during 1997-2006: Emergence and pattern of drug-resistant isolates. J Health PopulNutr. 28(5): 443-449
- Chowdhury, M. N., A. K. Alam, N. C. Dafader, M. E. Haque, F. Akhtar, U. Ahmed, H. Rashid, and R. Begum. 2006. Radiation processed hydrogel of poly (vinyl alcohol) with biodegradable polysaccharides. Biomed Mater Eng.16:223-8
- Nessa, KhairunPhD;Waris, Shama A. MBBS ; Alam, Anadil MBBS ;Huq, Mohsina MSc , Nahar, Shamsun MSc ; Chawdhury, Faisal ArifHasan MSc ; Monira, Shirajum MSc ; Badal, Monir Uddin MSc ; Sultana, Jinath MSc ; Mahmud, Kazi Faisal MBBS ; Das, Joseph BSc ; Mitra, Dipak Kumar MBBS.2005. Sexually Transmitted Infections among Brothel-Based Sex Workers in Bangladesh: High Prevalence of Asymptomatic Infection.Sex Trans Dis. 32(1): 13-19.
- Book: Preliminary Understanding of Leadership- For family, Professional, Social and Political Life (নেতৃত্বের প্রাথমিক বোঝাপড়া – পারিবারিক, পেশাগত, সামাজিক ও রাজনৈতিক জীবনের জন্য )