Dr. Md. Asraful Alam
Designation: Associate Professor
Academic Institute: School of Chemical Engineering, Zhengzhou University, China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Dr. Md Asraful Alam is currently working as an Associate Professor in Zhengzhou University, Henan, China. Dr. Alam received his Ph.D. degree from Dalian University of Technology, China in 2015 and served as a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China for 3 years. He has Professional training from Cambridge University, UK and Chinese Academy of Science, China. He has stupendous research experiences in the area of biorefinery with microalgae and lignocellulosic biomass. Dr. Alam has participated in several national/international projects for promoting biofuel and other high value commercial applications of microalgae and lignocellulosic biomass. Dr. Alam is an editor of a Springer books titled “Microalgae Biotechnology for Development of Biofuel and Wastewater Treatment” and “Microalgae Biotechnology for Food, Health and High Value Products”. He has published over 70 SCI journal papers, 7 book chapters with a total citation of over 3000 times and an h-index of 28 and i10-index is 50 (Google Scholar) and obtained/applied 18 invention patents. His current research interests include environmental biotechnology, biofuel and high-value chemical development, etc. Dr. Alam completed one NSFC project as a principal investigator (PI) and has participated in several national and international projects. Currently, he is serving as an academic editor of PLOS ONE, editorial board member in Current Chinese Science and executive committee member of Global Network of Bangladeshi Biotechnologist.
1. Md. Asraful Alam, Xu Jingliang, Zhongming Wang Editors, Microalgae Biotechnology for Food, Health and High Value Products （Springer Nature Pte Ltd, ISBN 978-981-15-0169-2.
2. Md. Asraful Alam, Zhongming Wang Editors, Microalgae Biotechnology for Development of Biofuel and Wastewater Treatment (Springer Nature Pte Ltd, ISBN: 978-981-13-2263-1).
SCI Journal Article(s)
1. Dong Liang, Md. Asraful Alam*, Luying Lu, Ronglei Fan, Jingliang Xu, Jingcheng Wu*. Water-plasma-enhanced and phase-separation-assisted extraction of microalgal lipid for biodiesel production, Bioresource Technology, 354, 2022, 127198.
2. Gul Muhammad, Ange Douglas Potchamyou Ngatcha, Yongkun Lv, Wenlong Xiong, Yaser A. El-Badry, Eylem Asmatulu, Jingliang Xu*, Md. Asraful Alam*. Enhanced biodiesel production from wet microalgae biomass optimized via response surface methodology and artificial neural network, Renewable Energy, 16264 (2022).
3. Md. Asraful Alam, Chun Wan, Dang Thuan Tran, M. Mofijur, Shams Forruque Ahmed, Muhammad Aamer Mehmood, Feroz Shaik, Dai-Viet N. Vo, Jingliang Xu*. Microalgae binary culture for higher biomass production, nutrients recycling, and efficient harvesting: a review. Environmental Chemistry Letters (2022).